1. We are committed to protecting the privacy, confidentiality and security of all personal information we collect from any visitor to this website ("Visitor") that we collect, hold and use by complying with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (the "Ordinance"). We are equally committed to ensuring all our employees and agents uphold the principle of compliance with such obligations.
2. To achieve that, as a matter of policy and practice we strive to:
a) respect and protect privacy of personal data from Visitors in compliance with the Laws of Hong Kong in general and the Ordinance in particular;
b) collect only necessary personal data from Visitors for lawful purposes in relation to the functions and activities of Sun Museum;
c) store, retain and handle all such personal data so collected securely in our system and with the professional assistance of a third party IT service provider if needed;
d) take all reasonably practicable steps to ensure that Visitors can ascertain our policies and practices in relation to personal data;
e) restrict access of personal data to relevant employees and agents on a "need-to-know" basis to ensure that all such personal data so collected are protected against unauthorized or accidental access, monitoring, editing, or disclosure to third parties;
f) refrain from disclosing any Visitor's personal data held by us to any third party unless we obtain the Visitor's prior express voluntary consent;
g) refrain from using any Visitor's personal data held by us for direct marketing or any other unrelated purpose unless we obtain the Visitor's prior express voluntary consent;
h) allow Visitors to reach our Personal Data Protection Officer for making data access or correction requests in relation to their own personal data (ie (1) checking whether Sun Museum holds their personal data, (2) getting a copy of such data so held, and (3) making correction of such data so held), or making enquiries regarding our privacy policies and practices; and
i) ensure that Visitors are informed of the kind of personal data held by us and the main purposes for which such data so held are or are to be used.
II) Personal Information Collection Statement
1. The Visitor's personal data in the form of a name and an e-mail address only are collected by us for lawful purposes in relation to the functions and activities of Sun Museum.
2. The Visitor may voluntarily consent to sign up as subscriber to our website his/her name and e-mail address for our issuing to him/her from time to time Sun Museum's newsletters, activity notifications/invitations and/or other e-mail messages upon our receipt of such personal data.
3. We will retain the Visitor's name and e-mail address so collected permanently until subsequent receipt of his/her e-mail to our Personal Data Protection Officer at email@example.com making an opt-out request.
4. Upon our receipt of an opt-out request, we will delete permanently the personal data held for the request-making Visitor, and stop issuing to him/her Sun Museum's newsletters, activity notifications/invitations and/or other e-mail messages.
5. The information about Visitors collected by means of cookies planted into the internet search engine via this website will be used only for compiling aggregate statistics on how Visitors browse this website. Such statistics are collected for the purpose of managing and improving the design of this website.
6. While most web-browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, Visitors may choose not to accept cookies by changing the settings.
1. All information Sun Museum provide on this website is for reference only. Neither warranty nor guarantee is given by Sun Museum about the accuracy, updatedness or completeness of information.
2. Sun Museum shall not be liable or responsible for any loss or damage caused by any reason whatsoever in relation to the contents of this website. Sun Museum hereby reserve all rights to edit and delete all information on this website at any time without giving any reason. Visitors are advised to make their own evaluation of all information on this website before acting on it.
IV) Reservation of Rights
1. Save that such rights are third party rights (eg copyright photograph of a third party painter or registered trademark of a third party) if they are so indicated, all rights in the contents of this website including but not limited to articles, images, photographs and videos provided by Sun Museum on this website are hereby reserved.
2. Visitors shall not copy, reproduce, edit, delete, distribute or disseminate any contents of this website unless authorized to do so by Sun Museum.
©2015 Simon Suen Foundation Limited